Rules & Criteria
Criteria for Entry
The Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant is open to all young, single female Jamaicans and the qualification for eligibility is that all contestants shall be a person:
- Who has been born in Jamaica, be the child of a Jamaican parent, or is a naturalized citizen of Jamaica.
- Who has never been legally married
- Who has never given birth to a child
- Attained the age of 17 years on or before the 1st day of June, but shall not have attained the age of 26 years on that date.
- Be of good character and possess charm, poise, and personality and have beauty of face and figure.
- Be a person whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute the Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant or Miss Jamaica World title or the Promoter or any person associated with them.
- The potential contestant shall not have entered and will not enter into any contract with any other promoter or model agency which is or will be in force during the period of the contest which will require her personal appearance or publication of her name or photographs in association with any product or service save that, in the event the applicant is contracted to a promoter or model agency, the said promoter or Model Agency is willing to release the applicant from any such contract or contracts for the duration of the MJW 2013 Pageant and, in the event that the applicant wins the MJW 2013 Contest, for the period leading up to the termination of the MJW 2013 Pageant.
- The Promoter has the right, without giving any reason whatsoever; to bar any applicant from entering the Miss Jamaica World Contest whom she feels may bring the contest into disrepute.
- There will be 2 Auditions held to select contestants with the potential to become finalists. The dates set for Auditions are June 1/ June 8 (Pre-Eliminations Show Audition) and June 15 (morning of the Eliminations Show). Contestants who are selected during the auditions will be invited to appear at the Eliminations Show. The contestants will be required to walk in a swimsuit (bikini or full-piece) with high-heeled shoes and wearing facial make-up in front of selected judges. In addition, the judges may ask the contestants questions about their background, their interest in the MJW Pageant, or other questions. Applicants not selected during the auditions will take no further part in the contest.
Miss Jamaica World Western
Miss Jamaica World Western is associated with the Miss Jamaica World Pageant.
- The Miss Jamaica World Western Pageant winners (Cornwall and Middlesex) will automatically be listed among the 20-25 contestants in the MJW 2013 Pageant. However, she must participate with all other applicants at the Eliminations Show on June 15
- You do NOT have to enter the Miss Jamaica World Western Pageant in order to enter the national Miss Jamaica World Pageant. You may enter the national pageant directly by participating in the audition process.
- The Eliminations Show on June 15 will showcase the persons selected during the auditions process. The contestants will be required to walk in a swimsuit (bikini or full-piece) with high-heeled shoes and wearing facial make-up in front of selected judges. In addition, the judges may ask the contestants questions about their background, their interest in the MJW Pageant, or other questions. Each contestant must provide herself with the above for this event. At the end of the Elimination Show, 20-25 contestants will become the finalists for the MJW Pageant. At this event the finalists will be given sashes by their sponsors (provided by MJW Pageant). Applicants not selected during the Elimination Show will take no further part in the contest.
- All finalists in the Miss Jamaica World Pageant are required to sign contracts with Fusion Consulting Ltd which governs their relationship with the Miss Jamaica World Pageant during the period of the contest and afterwards if she is declared Miss Jamaica World. The winner is obligated to participate in the 2013 Miss World Contest.
Format of Contest
- The contest is scheduled to begin on June 15 and end on July 21.
- A prospective contestant must participate in the Elimination Show, which will select the final 20-25 contestants of the MJW 2013 Pageant. The Elimination Show will be held on June 15 at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel.
- Contestants are required to undertake the training conducted by Fusion Consulting Ltd.
- The contestants are required to make a series of other public appearances island- wide during the period of the pageant as well as participate in the Fast Track Competitions.
- The MJW Pageant contest terminates with the Grand Coronation Show to be held on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at the Montego Bay Convention Centre.
Miss Jamaica World Fast Track Competitions
- Five fast track competitions, MJW Beauty With a Purpose, MJW Beach Beauty, MJW Talent, MJW Sports & MJW Model will be part of the 2012 MJW Pageant. The 5 winners will automatically be included among the Top Ten Finalists at the Grand Coronation Show on Sunday, July 21.
- Once a contestant is selected as a finalist, the Promoter undertakes to provide her with all apparel required for all public shows and parades at no cost to the contestant.
- Contestants will be provided with facial cosmetics and expert guidance in its application for all shows.
- Experts will give lessons in grooming, walking, speech and general etiquette.
- Chaperones will be provided for contestants for the official engagements during the period of the contest.
- The Promoter undertakes to direct, advise and counsel the Contestant as to her conduct and well-being during the period of the Contest and equally with all other contestants to supervise her activities and assist her throughout the period of the Contest.
- The Promoter undertakes to present all prizes as advertised to the rightful winners.
Several sponsors will be associated with the 2013 Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant.
There will be:
- Main Sponsors
- Sponsors of Prizes
- Fast Track Sponsor*
- Contestant Sponsors* (Sponsors who will have contestants wear sashes depicting their organizations or their products).
*Fast Track and Contest Sponsors will pay a fee to the Promoter from which the Promoter will provide the Contestant with the items and services in the Agreement. A portion of this fee also contributes to defraying the costs to hotels, meals, transportation and the preliminary advertising of the Contest. The Sponsor has no further obligation to either the Promoter or the Contestant and the Contestant is not permitted to approach the Sponsor for further assistance.
Selection of Miss Jamaica World 2013
- Contestants will be judged by beauty of face, figure, deportment, charm, poise, personality, general conversation, intelligence as well as conduct during the period of the contest.
- Contestants will be pre-judged on a date prior to the Grand Coronation Show.
- The final selection will take place at the Grand Coronation Show.
Main Prize & Chaperones
- The main prize in the Miss Jamaica World Beauty Pageant is a trip to compete in the annual Miss World Contest. It is to be noted that the Miss World Contest organizers do not recognize chaperones from participating countries. Each contestant is met on arrival at the venue of the Miss World Contest by a Miss World Contest representatives and is then escorted to the hotel where all contestants are being housed. The contestants, collectively, are then assigned chaperones.
(Note: The dates mentioned above are subject to change).