Once a contestant is selected as a finalist, the Promoter undertakes to provide her with all apparel required for all public shows and parades at no cost to the contestant
- Contestants will be provided with facial cosmetics and expert guidance in its application for all shows
- Experts will give lessons in grooming, walking, speech and general etiquette.
- Chaperones will be provided for contestants for the official engagements during the period of the contest.
- The Promoter undertakes to direct, advise and counsel the Contestant as to her conduct and well-being during the period of the Contest and equally with all other contestants to supervise her activities and assist her throughout the period of the Contest
- The Promoter undertakes to present all prizes as advertised to the rightful winners.
Several sponsors will be associated with the 2009 Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant.
There will be:
a) Main Sponsors
b) Sponsors of Prizes
c) Sponsors who will have contestants wear sashes depicting their
organizations or their products.
Sponsors who fall into category “c” will pay a fee to the Promoter from which the Promoter will provide the Contestant with the items and services mentioned in Schedule 3. A portion of this fee also contributes to defraying the costs to hotels, meals, transportation and the preliminary advertising of the Contest. The Sponsor has no further obligation to either the Promoter or the Contestant and the Contestant is not permitted to approach the Sponsor for further assistance.
5. Format of Contest
The contest is scheduled to begin on July 11, and end on August 22.
The first event that a prospective contestant must participate in is the selection of 16-20 contestants who will contest the MJW 2009 Pageant to be held on Wednesday July 15, 1:00 pm at the Spartan Health Club. 16-20 finalists will be selected.
The contestant will be required to make a series of public appearances island- wide
during the period of the pageant which terminates with the Grand Coronation Show to be
held on Saturday, August 22, 2009.
(Note: The dates mentioned above are subject to change).
6. Miss Jamaica World Western and Miss Jamaica World Eastern
There are 2 preliminary pageants associated with the Miss Jamaica World Pageant-Miss Jamaica World Eastern and Miss Jamaica World Western.
The winners of both contests will automatically be listed among the 16-20 contestants in the MJW 2009 Pageant. However, these 2 area winners must participate with all other applicants at the selection of 16-20 contestants on Friday July 10.
You do NOT have to enter one of these pageants in order to enter the Miss Jamaica World Pageant. You may enter the national pageant directly by participating in the selection of contestants on July 10.
7. Selection of Miss Jamaica World 2009
- Contestants will be judged by beauty of face, figure, deportment, charm, poise, personality, general conversation, intelligence as well as conduct during the period of the contest.
- Contestants will be pre-judged on a date prior to the Grand Coronation Show.
- The final selection will take place at the Grand Coronation Show.
Miss Jamaica World "Fast Track" Competitions
Five "Fast Track" competitions, Beach Beauty, Talent, Sports, Model & Beauty With A purpose will be part of the 2009 MJW Pageant. The 5 winners will automatically be included among the Top Ten Finalists at the Grand Coronation Show on Saturday August 22.
8. Main Prize & Chaperones
i) The main prize in the Miss Jamaica World Beauty Pageant is a trip to compete in
the annual Miss World Contest. It is to be noted that the Miss World Contest organizers do not recognize chaperones from participating countries. Each contestant is met on arrival at the venue of the Miss World Contest by Miss World Contest representatives and is then escorted to the hotel where all contestants are being housed. The contestants, collectively, are then assigned chaperones.
All finalists in the Miss Jamaica Beauty Pageant are required to sign contracts with Spartan Health Club which governs their relationship with Spartan during the period of the contest and afterwards if she is declared Miss Jamaica World 2009. Miss Jamaica World 2009 will be obligated to participate in the 2009 Miss World Contest.
The winner must undertake that during her year of reign she will make personal appearances for recognized charities either free of charge or for a nominal fee, depending on the demands of the occasion.
11. Role Model
The winner must be prepared to be a positive role model for the youth of Jamaica and to use every opportunity that will avail itself during the year of her reign, to project Jamaica in a positive light.
12. Anyone knowing that she is not eligible to enter this Contest according to the rules of eligibility outlined above or who finds any of the rules or conditions objectionable should refrain from entering the contest.
The Promoter wishes for all contestants a successful and enjoyable experience.
Congratulations in advance to the lucky girl who will wear the crown -
Miss Jamaica World 2009.